After eating a huge meal…
• First, walk it off. After you eat a big plate of leftovers or indulge in another piece of holiday pie, go for a 10-minute walk, breathing through your nose.
• Before you go to bed, try the Seated Half Twist pose (just make sure you wait at least 30 minutes after eating), and then lie down and let your body relax with Savasana, also known as the Corpse pose.
In the days following a family feast...
• Perform Cat and Cow tilts to warm your spine and pelvis.
• Perform the Sun Salutation.
• Repeat all as a sequence.
To buffer your body against shopping insanity…
Use these balance poses before and/or after you shop.
The best way to unwind on a weekend…
• Take to your mat and do deep hip openers. Then follow with…
• Pigeon pose
• Double-Pigeon pose
• Cow Face pose
Published on: November 30, 2009
Updated on: November 19, 2012